How to move dropshadows to submenu?

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at physik.tu-muenchen.de
Tue Oct 11 23:05:07 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 22:38, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> Well, I'm not sure that the dropshadow plugin cannot be an ordinary filter
> after all -- just like the rounded corners feature, but in the end, if it
> is something that works on a whole layer instead of a rect, it should
> probably be in a submenu of layers. But leave that to me: I'll keep the
> menu's organized, as long as you do the complicated bit of getting the code
> working :-)

When I tried to add a new layer to the image, it did not work when I used the
filter framework. Also the preview will certainly not work because the
original layer is not touched. Somehow it just felt wrong to me to use the
current filter framework which is not really meant for adding new layers.

I am not sure if the plugin should be moved to the layers menu. That is not
where I would expect something like that. Maybe there should be an Efects
menu? Or maybe Layers->Efects->add Dropshadow. That also does not seem too
bad to me.

Greetings,
Michael