please review transform tool

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Sun May 22 22:25:02 CEST 2005

On Sunday 22 May 2005 21:20, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Sunday 22 May 2005 19:59, Casper Boemann wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Could all of you please review the transform tool
> >
> > Is it ready for 1.4 ?
>
> Well, I have some doubts. It's definitely much better than it was a week
> ago, but since it doesn't support either rotation or shearing, and we have
> already a move too, the only thing it does is resizing.
Yes but the force of this tool is manipulating selections. Oh and I think that
in the future the move tool should not move selection - only entire layers

Let moving of selections be handled by the transform tool.

> That is a useful
> function, but at the same time, the performance is not really interactive
huh, thats perhabs when scaling an entire image but for smaller selections it
works quickly enough here.

> and especially with resizing, it's important to have user feed-back as to
> dimensions -- which we cannot have without a new tool option panel.
Yes an option panel needs to be added.

> There a number of work flow issues, too. For instance, if there is no
> selection, and you select the transform tool, a selection is created. In
> those cases, I'd expect the selection to be cleared when selecting another
> tool.
Thats a bug, yes

A selection should not be created if there isn't one to begin with.

> Maybe we've just got enough code to start asking the
> nice people from OpenUsability on some input -- Krita is now stable enough
> not to crash all that much and polished enough to make opinions possible.
I like the idea, though I only JUST think we are ready to ask

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann