release time is coming closer

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Sun May 15 20:30:34 CEST 2005

On Sunday 15 May 2005 20:06, Casper Boemann wrote:
> As the release time is coming ever closer I think we should go through the
> TODO-1.4 list and decide what to do with each item, and who does it.
That sounds like a great idea
> * File/Import and File/Export show some Unknown filetypes and don't
>   warn when exporting to an unsupported filetype.
>
> is this handled - how about the old krita types
I get the impression that the entire KOffice/Krita mix of Import/Open
Export/Save is handled in a very weird way internally. I had a look at those
Unknown types when I fixed the export plugin, but I couldn't find their
cause.
Also, and probably related, it seems that I can save krita files to their
native format, but I can't open them anymore. Debug says only
koffice (lib kofficecore):
KoDocument::openFile /home/bartcopp/krita/svn/koffice/krita/test.kra
type:application/octet-stream
koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: No mimetype found
for /home/bartcopp/krita/svn/koffice/krita/test.kra
Now test.kra is actually a file saved with krita in the KOffice style of
files, and when I unzip it, nothing actually looks wrong.
> * Removing current image does not ask whether to save the image
>   even if it has been changed -> people will expect Krita to save the
>   image in its import format. Nobody will assume that all the tabs
>   together form one big document that is saved/exported as a whole.
>
> Hasn't this been disabled
As far as I know, tabs are still in krita. Maybe it would be better to
postpone the disabling of this to post 1.4, and simply add a warning when the
user closes a tab (with consent of kde-i18n of course)?
> * What's the difference between gamma correction and colour adjustment?
>
> - is this even a bug - anything we can do about this in 1.4 - do any of you
> know an answer
Actually, as far as I know, it is a bug, but not exactly as described. I don't
exactly know the algorithm, but I think the problem is that normally (I
guess), the gamma exponent that can be configured lies somewhere in the range
0-10 or so, whereas the configurable value ranges from 1-600. So the effect
on the image looks more like some overdone color adjustment...

Bart Coppens