release time is coming closer

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Sun May 15 21:13:05 CEST 2005

On Sunday 15 May 2005 20:30, Bart Coppens wrote:
> Also, and probably related, it seems that I can save krita files to their
> native format, but I can't open them anymore. Debug says only
> koffice (lib kofficecore):
> KoDocument::openFile /home/bartcopp/krita/svn/koffice/krita/test.kra
> type:application/octet-stream
> koffice (lib kofficecore): ERROR: No mimetype found
> for /home/bartcopp/krita/svn/koffice/krita/test.kra
> Now test.kra is actually a file saved with krita in the KOffice style of
> files, and when I unzip it, nothing actually looks wrong.
hmm, I can save and reopen files in ko 1.3 format (.kra) so I guess you have a
local problem

> > * Removing current image does not ask whether to save the image
> >   even if it has been changed -> people will expect Krita to save the
> >   image in its import format. Nobody will assume that all the tabs
> >   together form one big document that is saved/exported as a whole.
> >
> > Hasn't this been disabled
>
> As far as I know, tabs are still in krita. Maybe it would be better to
> postpone the disabling of this to post 1.4, and simply add a warning when
> the user closes a tab (with consent of kde-i18n of course)?
Yes tabs are still there, but the menu is removed (I think).
How about writing in TODO-post something like:
* Disable tabs (multiple images in one document) completely
and remove the item from TODO-1.4

> > * What's the difference between gamma correction and colour adjustment?
> >
> > - is this even a bug - anything we can do about this in 1.4 - do any of
> > you know an answer
>
> Actually, as far as I know, it is a bug, but not exactly as described. I
> don't exactly know the algorithm, but I think the problem is that normally
> (I guess), the gamma exponent that can be configured lies somewhere in the
> range 0-10 or so, whereas the configurable value ranges from 1-600. So the
> effect on the image looks more like some overdone color adjustment...
sounds like something for you to work on ? or should we postpone
Oh, Sven just said Cyrille is the one to ask. But we need to take action
whomever does it.

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann