Crop Tool

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Mar 29 10:36:33 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 10:33, Casper Boemann wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 March 2005 09:46, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > > The main problem is gray is inverted to gray. Photoshop does this a bit
> > > nicer: It looks like the handle are either white or black depended on
> > > the background, which make sure that the contrast is always good.
> > > But it seems there is no rasterop which can do this.
> >
> > We might experiment a bit -- a white square surrounding by a black line
> > surrounded by a white line should always work.
>
> Something is needed for selections as well - you cannot see a selection on
> a white surface.

I'm working on making the selection mask colour settable -- we've got the gui
for that already, just not the implementation. It would be nice to have a
ridge or something around the selection borders, but I don't see myself
implementing that any time soon.

> The idea you suggested for lines and handles does not work out of the box,
> because then we cannot just paint on the Canvas but need to update the
> display to delete the line.
>
> Also - this is colorstrategy dependant

Isn't that just a matter of storing the QImage pixels under the handle and
restoring them when something changes on the display?