Cropping paint devices

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Mar 26 16:41:23 CET 2005

On Saturday 26 March 2005 16:14, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> Obviously I also need to remove the entry from the hashtable -- but how do
> I do that?

Okay, I think I figured that out... There are still a number of problems that
I haven't been able to solve, but I've checked the code, debug lines and all,
in.

* Undoing a crop causes a crash -- I guess that there is a problem because the
memento rollback mechanism cannot handle the fact that the new situation has
fewer tiles than the old situation it wants to restore.

* I cannot seem to move the resulting layers to the origin of the image, i.e.,
crop to a bit in the middle of an image, then all layers should go to 0,0 --
but I can call move(0,0) until I see blue in the face, but the layers won't
move. I don't understand how the move tool works, evidently.

Anyway, once I grasp the solution to these problems, I guess I can easily
implement the missing clear & paste methods in the tile manager.