Steps in strokes

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jun 21 15:58:45 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 15:52, Casper Boemann wrote:

> Oh. Is it? I didn't know that.
>
> Speed is however. But acceleration, are you sure? How does that manifest
> itself?

Well, when you go from tip to paper, and then make a quick stroke, there's
acceleration involved. The speed isn't constant, and I think you can see the
result on the paper.

> Oh, and in all of this we must not forget that pure traditional computer
> brushes should still be possible. Even non-antialiased single pixel
> pencils. Though natural painting is cool and should be (nearly) possible
> even without wet and sticky surface, we mustn't forget that the computer
> offers new ways and techniques that could and should enrich the painting
> experience. We should provide the best of both worlds (natural painting and
> traditional computer painting). The artist should be able to choose.

Of course. Well, it would be hard to try to paint with simulated paint on a
pixel layer (what I think of myself as a pure colour layer), but on the other
hand, changing the colour on a wet paint layer with a traditional computer
brush is already possible. And Adrian fixed the pen tool, so we've got the
hard pencil already :-).