Steps in strokes

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Tue Jun 21 15:52:43 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 15:38, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 June 2005 15:33, Casper Boemann wrote:
> > And it may very well be that measureing in pixels is the way to go. On
> > the other hand we have to deal with zoom and tablets anyway. When zoomed
> > in the tablet pixels are not image pixels, are they?
>
> And there's acceleration, of course, which is an important thing in
> painting, too.
Oh. Is it? I didn't know that.

Speed is however. But acceleration, are you sure? How does that manifest
itself?

Oh, and in all of this we must not forget that pure traditional computer
brushes should still be possible. Even non-antialiased single pixel pencils.
Though natural painting is cool and should be (nearly) possible even without
wet and sticky surface, we mustn't forget that the computer offers new ways
and techniques that could and should enrich the painting experience. We
should provide the best of both worlds (natural painting and traditional
computer painting). The artist should be able to choose.
--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann