Steps in strokes

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Tue Jun 21 16:15:41 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 15:58, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 June 2005 15:52, Casper Boemann wrote:
> > Oh. Is it? I didn't know that.
> >
> > Speed is however. But acceleration, are you sure? How does that manifest
> > itself?
>
> Well, when you go from tip to paper, and then make a quick stroke, there's
> acceleration involved. The speed isn't constant, and I think you can see
> the result on the paper.
but isn't that just variation in speed: moving a brush fast deposits less
paint than moving it slowly.

What I thought you meant was that accelerating fast or accelerating slow made
a difference in how much paint is deposited

> Of course. Well, it would be hard to try to paint with simulated paint on a
> pixel layer (what I think of myself as a pure colour layer), but on the
> other hand, changing the colour on a wet paint layer with a traditional
> computer brush is already possible. And Adrian fixed the pen tool, so we've
> got the hard pencil already :-).
I didn't mean that we could do like ws with drying and all. But brushes should
still be able to hold a fixed abount of paint, and deposit that paint
depending on pressure, distance, speed and even time.

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann