Fwd: how to add the curve widget

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Jun 19 16:33:10 CEST 2005

On Sunday 19 June 2005 15:37, Casper Boemann wrote:
> I'm trying to add the curve widget to the brightness contrast dialog.
>
> But as this is a KisFilterConfigurationWidget I'm having problems doing it
> in QtDesigner as I would like.
>
> I have now created a subclass of KisFilterConfigurationWidget that has the
> qtdesigner designed widget as a member. It seems like overkill to write a
> widget just to include another widget.
>
> Do we need the KisFilterConfigurationWidget (it only defines one thing - a
> pointer to the filter). Could we pass the filter to whoaver needs it in
> another way?

Okay -- let's start by deciding what the problem is, exactly. We want to have
a generic way to allow a filter to display its own configuration options. We
don't want to have to write a complete dialog with preview code for every
filter, rather, we'd like to plugin a widget with our options into the
working preview dialog. That's the first requirement. The second is, we want
to be able to keep all our dialogs in .ui format. Third requirement: the
filter configuration options need to work in the filter tool panel, too.
Finally, it's be grand if this were as easy as possible.

Whichever design satisfies these requirements is okay with me: feel free to
come up with something that's easier than the current design. It's not
necessary to keep any code that can be improved by using different code.

> I have btw changed the layout of filter dialogs. See attached image. It
> needs some finetuning though before I commit.

Ur... Yes, I think so, yes... Quite. One thing: I think it would be a good
idea for our filter dialog windows to look as closely as possible as those
in Digikam, even if we don't use the same code. Consistency across
applications is a big thing in my book. I urge everyone to keep an up-to-date
svn version of Digikam around to mooch design, ideas and code from ;-).