Fwd: how to add the curve widget

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Sun Jun 19 23:37:21 CEST 2005

On Sunday 19 June 2005 16:33, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Sunday 19 June 2005 15:37, Casper Boemann wrote:
> > I'm trying to add the curve widget to the brightness contrast dialog.
> >
> > But as this is a KisFilterConfigurationWidget I'm having problems doing
> > it in QtDesigner as I would like.
> >
> > I have now created a subclass of KisFilterConfigurationWidget that has
> > the qtdesigner designed widget as a member. It seems like overkill to
> > write a widget just to include another widget.
> >
> > Do we need the KisFilterConfigurationWidget (it only defines one thing -
> > a pointer to the filter). Could we pass the filter to whoaver needs it in
> > another way?
>
> Okay -- let's start by deciding what the problem is, exactly. We want to
> have a generic way to allow a filter to display its own configuration
> options. We don't want to have to write a complete dialog with preview code
> for every filter, rather, we'd like to plugin a widget with our options
> into the working preview dialog. That's the first requirement. The second
> is, we want to be able to keep all our dialogs in .ui format. Third
> requirement: the filter configuration options need to work in the filter
> tool panel, too. Finally, it's be grand if this were as easy as possible.
>
> Whichever design satisfies these requirements is okay with me: feel free to
> come up with something that's easier than the current design. It's not
> necessary to keep any code that can be improved by using different code.
Ok I have done it.
It was actually pretty easy. No one really needed the class so I could just
remove it without much of a problem.

All filters can continue as now with widget within widget. But they could be
changed and new filters can just do the widget directly in QtDesigner.

I commit now, eventhough it includes my new layout of the preview widget. The
preview layout is not perfect yet, but it works.

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann