KisColor

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Thu Jun 16 20:10:49 CEST 2005

On Thursday 16 June 2005 20:01, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> I've committed the KisColor changes -- it's now possible to write a color
> selector that uses a specific colorspace directly. The current selectors
> don't do that (yet), and there are other places where I still do silly
> stuff with QColors (like in the fill painter).
We'll get to that. Great work.

> All in all, this was a pretty hard bit of work. The final fix that made
> everything work was adding an operator= overload to KisColor and I still
> don't understand why that was so important. And when debugging I noticed
> that on startup a _lot_ of KisColors are constructed, way more than I had
> thought.
Try making it private, and you'll where it's called.

> Everything seems to work, but I get the subjective impression that the
> gradient painter has become a bit slower than previous. And there may be
> subtle and unsubtle bugs. I would really appreciate if some people did a
> little code review of this commit for me...
No doubt we'll find out in the weeks to come. After all there isn't a new
release just around the corner.

But, I'll surely review most of it in my quest to make krita even more
colorspace independent.

--
best regards / venlig hilsen
Casper Boemann