Freeze

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Jan 5 14:16:35 CET 2005

Well, I understand from the relevant thread on koffice-devel that we're not
going into feature freeze this month, so we have quite a bit of time for new
features and other work.

On the other hand, now that I've found a way to make a more-or-less working
binary of Krita available, I'd like to keep Krita working most of the time so
more people can track what we're doing and get enthousiastic -- I've had my
first two bug reports...

Which leads me to the following...

Once Casper thinks his branch is ready for merging, we should do so. I think
the best way would be to merge HEAD again with the branch, from the point of
the lastest merge, and move that code back to HEAD when complete. That would
give us the least amount of breakage, I guess. It's still going to be a merge
from hell, but that's my fault...

Other things that need to be done are my color management work, work on tools,
work on selections & iterators (I think it would be best to have the KisPixel
iterators call the low-level iterators -- that should be fast enough for
filters and painting). And then there's fun stuff like the variations dialog,
the select-by-color pluging and things like levels and histograms. There's
some widget code for those things in digikamplugins that we could conceivably
snaffle.

Oh, and Casper, while working with lcms, I found that it may be really
necessary for performance reasons to be able to get whole chunks of bytes as
big as possible to feed to lcms for colourspace & profile transforms. Is that
something that can be added to the datamanager?