Autogradient issues

Sven Langkamp longamp at reallygood.de
Tue Jan 4 18:32:32 CET 2005

On Monday 03 January 2005 22:47, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Monday 03 January 2005 22:01, Sven Langkamp wrote:
> > I finished implementing the features I planned for the autogradient.
> > There are some issues left:
> > What's the function of the big label on the left?
>
> I think it was originally intended to be the preview or something
> like that -- with a radius shown if a radial gradient was created (but that
> functionality is in the gradient tool, so that's not necessary.) If you
> don't see a use for it, just remove it.
Maybe it should be moved to the gradient tool. The option widget would get a
bit bloated, but that's better than waiting three minutes until you see the
result. It could be removed when the gradient get reasonable fast.

> > How should an autogradient be activated? (At the moment it is activated
> > when you selected a segment, but that is not what a user would expect)
>
> Maybe a switch in the gradient tool similar to fill (color/pattern) --
> autogradient/predefined gradient?
Wouldn't that lead to another inconsistency? You would have two activated
gradients at a time, but only one brush even though there is also an
autobrush.