Krita presentation

Cyrille Berger cyb at lepi.org
Mon Feb 28 10:18:18 CET 2005

> - Pleaese introduce yourself: (what is your name, where are you from and
> what is your profession)
I am Cyrille Berger, and  I come from France, I live near Paris, I am in my
last year of an engineering school (bac +5), and I am also following the
course of an artificial intelligence master in university.

> - When did you first hear of Krita, why did you get involved with Krita and
> what are your contributions?
I first heard of krita two years ago, about a years ago, I had a lot of free
time, and I found that working on a graphical applications might be a good
way to spend it.
I have been working a litlle on the core, I wrote some plugins, and I start to
add a scripting engine to Krita.

> - Is Krita the first free software project you are working on or did you
> work on other projects?
yep.

> - How much time do you usually spend working on Krita?
Currently, I haven't much times to speend on Krita, I hope it will improve
with the end of my studies, but last year I used to spend around 5 to 10
hours by week.

> - What motivates/keeps you motivated to work on Krita?
I like to search new algorithms, and see how to implement them in Krita, it's
quite interesting.

> - Where does Krita has its strengths? What do you think is still missing
> badly in Krita?
As the others mention it, krita's integration in kde/koffice is a big
strength. I think it's easy to understand how the core is working, and to
start hacking with krita.
It lacks user, they are very important to see what's missing, they could tell
us what is going wrong, and what they expect.

> -What are your future plans for Krita?
More unique features. And I would like krita to be the most _intuitive_
painting application, I am often lost in the gimp and photoshop.

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---