first use of kde3.4-only functionality

Adrian Page adrian at pagenet.plus.com
Thu Apr 28 00:47:05 CEST 2005

Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> BS: keyboardModifiers() does probably work on older KDE versions. Only on newer
> ones is compiles but doesn't work. So, selecting the proper version via
> configure should do the trick. Fortunately, I'm no "configure" guru and will
> therefore not have to be the one to do this. My expertise is only suffient for
> reverting all the patches.  :-}

We can check the KDE version with a #if KDE_IS_VERSION(...), so no need
for a configure check.

Another, and probably better, option is to monitor the QKeyEvents we
receive and then remember the modifier states each time they change.
That should be simple enough as we already have an event filter that
could do that.

A third option is to fix the key event handling for the canvas, as at
the moment, implementing KisTool::keyPress/keyRelease doesn't deliver
any key events to the tool. That needs doing at some point. Then the
tool could just change the cursor each time it sees the state change.

Adrian