first use of kde3.4-only functionality

Melchior FRANZ mfranz at kde.org
Wed Apr 27 23:36:54 CEST 2005

* Boudewijn Rempt -- Wednesday 27 April 2005 23:15:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Casper Boemann wrote:
> > The current code now requires kde 3.4.

Please, don't plug new topics into random threads! I almost missed that.

> That is a problem, because I believe Koffice 1.4 has a compatibility
> requirement with 3.3 -- is there some way, Melchior, to code around
> this?

Not that I knew. Older KDE versions had "keyboardModifiers()" instead of
its successor "keyboardMouseState()". I wouldn't mind taking the obsolete
function (although it's marked "DEPRECATED"), but it didn't work at all.

One way to solve that would be to advice configure to use "keyboardModifiers()"
on older KDE versions and "keyboardMouseState()" on newer ones. (The modifier
feature doesn't work in the former case then, but it compiles at least, and
the selection picker does still work.)

I always found that a separate release cycle for koffice is/was an idiotic
idea.

m.