Preview release

Navindra Umanee navindra at cs.mcgill.ca
Thu Sep 23 00:06:39 CEST 2004

Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> Yes... But Krita is developed against KOffice HEAD, which means we have some
> methods to be compatible with the new OASIS loading code. It should be
> possible to branch, and make it compile with 1.3.X, but I haven't tried that.
> If you'd like to have a go at that, please do.

I didn't mean backporting or branching...  My question[1] was, isn't
it possible to install the needed libs in parallel with the existing
KOffice?

I understand your answer to that is already "no" or that it's
non-trivial...

Cheers,
Navin.

[1] ...And I'm *quite* ignorant of the details of KOffice library
installation.  My KOffice is perpetually broken due to mucking around
with libs/base...  if it's not missing .desktop files it can't find
this part or that... so I'm easily convinced it's very hard to manage
this particular installation situation.