Progress Info

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at ph.tum.de
Tue Sep 21 18:23:08 CEST 2004

Hello,

I tried to add progress info to the scaling code. To do this I included
kis_progress_subject.h in kis_paint_device.h and tried to derrive
KisPaintDevice from KisProgressSubject as done in
kis_gradient_painter.h and kis_gradient_painter.cc. Unfortunately this does
not work because both KisPaintDevice and KisProgressSubject are derrived from
QObject. A possible solution would probably be to not inherit KisPaintDevice
from QObject because KisProgressSubject is already derrived from QObject and
so KisPaintDevice is derrived from QObject automatically. But somehow this
looks clumsy and I think the better solution would be to move the scaling
code (and also the rotating code, even if the function is still empty) to a
visitor that is then derrived from KisProgressSubject. I have no clue how to
do this, so can someone do this for me? That would be great!

Greetings,
Michael