Hi - I'm new...

Boudewijn Rempt boud at calcifer.valdyas.org
Sat Jul 31 08:18:42 CEST 2004

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Saem Ghani wrote:

> Sorry about the delay just dealing with real life.  I'm having some issues
> with KDevelop and getting Krita working -- and documentation isn't quite
> complete.

Is it ever?

<...>

> Thanks in advance, and please forgive my ignorance, but I have to start
> somewhere and sometime.

You can elect not to checkout the bits of KOffice you don't want to work on.
I'm not sure how to go about developing Krita in KDevelop. I've tried
it once, but even then I had to do the make -f Makefile cvs && ./configure
from a shell. I'm using XEmacs, vim and Konsole for Krita development.

So, what I'd do if I were you is:

cvs co -l koffice
cd koffice
cvs co admin
cvs up krita doc filters interfaces karbon lib mimetypes pics plugins servicetypes tools
ls -d krita doc filters interfaces karbon lib mimetypes pics plugins servicetypes tools > inst-apps
make -f Makefile.cvs && ./configure && make

I haven't tested this method myself, since I have plenty of disk space and
like to mine the rest of KOffice for code & techniques.