Hi - I'm new...

Saem Ghani saem-ghani at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 31 02:32:00 CEST 2004

Sorry about the delay just dealing with real life.  I'm having some issues
with KDevelop and getting Krita working -- and documentation isn't quite
complete.

At first, I just downloaded the Krita module from CVS, but that didn't seem to
work, I gather that was due to KOffice depedencies -- I should have known.
So next I got the entire KOffice source including all the modules.  At this
point I checked out the wiki page which describes how to develop Koffice or
one of it's modules within KDevelop - kword to be specific.  What I found odd
is that they had a section where one would make and install it.  I already
have KOffice installed (via freebsd pkg from the fruitsalad project) and the
sources (from the cvs as described earlier), if there are dependencies I
imagine that they will be appropriately compiled on an as needed basis.  So
in anycase, I imported the entire KOffice source directory as a KDE project
(automake) via the import project wizard within KDevelop (I'm using the
latest non beta).  After that I checked out the automake manager and it
didn't show me anything of relavence, for instance, I could activate any of
the subprojects or anything of that nature as stated within the wiki.

I'm avoiding going through the wiki's entire method of doing things for two
reasons, one is time, I'm working on a PII 266 and I'd rather not wait for a
few days for the makes.  Secondly and more importantly, is a physical barrier
where I don't think I have the HDD space, though, there might be two 9gig 10k
RPM SCSI drives in the stars for me, so that might change.

Thanks in advance, and please forgive my ignorance, but I have to start
somewhere and sometime.