Layers, layergroups, dockwindow, preview and dynamic layersize

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Fri Jul 2 16:27:42 CEST 2004

Hi

 I have thought about your comments and although sad to see a whole days
work going down the drain I think the patch shouldn't go in. Yes thats
right - lets drop it or at least wait until you have read this.

If as you belive the paintdevice should take arguments in imagespace then
there is no need for the extent functions. The x() y() width() height() of
present could do just a good a job.

It would however mean that the x() y() width() height() of the layer may
report new values when drawing outside the current area is being done.

If you agree I would do the paintdevice rework this weekend. Again I would
do it over several stages with the actual dynamic behavour coming later.

The first day wasn't wasted because I learned a lot about krita that way.

best regards
Casper