Layers, layergroups, dockwindow, preview and dynamic layersize

Adrian Page adrian at pagenet.plus.com
Fri Jul 2 15:30:37 CEST 2004

On Thursday 01 July 2004 7:50 pm, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Okay -- Adrian, I would really like your opinion on whether we should could
> commit this now -- I am not too sure myself because it affects aspects of
> an image app that I hadn't considered up to now.

I've compiled and tested it and it seems ok, although it breaks a few things
which I've listed below. My main reservation is that we won't be able to see
the full effects of the changes until the next step is present, i.e. actually
dealing with dynamically resizing layers and selections. It's going to add
extra complexity and potential problems that are still pretty much an
unknown.

I would say it could go in now if that's necessary, but ideally it would be
more complete in replacing the existing mechanisms so that we can see how
well it's going to work in practice.

The things I found that are broken are:

Layer -> rotate and mirror
Filter -> Invert (iterators)