Fill_painter broken and colordistance in autolayer

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Mon Dec 27 19:03:48 CET 2004

On Monday 27 December 2004 18:46, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Dec 2004, Casper Boemann wrote:
> > > Gradients and fills work outside the image boundaries, but not,
> > > obviously, outside layer boundariers.
> >
> > I don't get the same behaviour. Are you saying that once a layer has
> > 'grown' fill spills over the image border into the offimage part of the
> > layer.
>
> Curious, gradients seem to behave differently from fills in Photoshop, and
> I get some interesting results that point very clearly to a bug in the
> tiles code after some experimenting with Photoshop :-).
>
> There may be some difference between platforms: are you using an OS9
> photoshop, or the Windows version? I'm using a second-hand mac exactly for
> this kind of research.
I'm using a windows version. and gradient behave like you say here too - funny

The bug you mention is it in krita or photoshop - either way, can you tell me
how to reproduce.

the gradient way is pretty difficult to implement in krita - autolayers, and
having tried it - I most certainly think it is unintuitive for the user as
well

Casper Boemann