Fill_painter broken and colordistance in autolayer

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Mon Dec 27 18:06:52 CET 2004

On Monday 27 December 2004 17:33, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> I've just tested it out with Photoshop 6.0, and this is what happens: a
> layer starts as big as the image. If you move the layer into a certain
> direction, it 'grows' so the corner opposite the corner that is moved
> outside the image boundaries stays at the image boundary. If you move it
> back, the layer starts to grow as soon as the corner opposite the corner
> that's moved outside the image, so there's no part possibility that a layer
> doesn't completely over the image.
I have just tested it as well. and this I agree.

> Gradients and fills work outside the image boundaries, but not, obviously,
> outside layer boundariers.
I don't get the same behaviour. Are you saying that once a layer has 'grown'
fill spills over the image border into the offimage part of the layer.

In my version of photoshop 6.0 fills are always limited to the image border.

> I think that I, on the principle of least surprise, want to have the same
> behaviour as Photoshop, here.
agree and it is probably the only option as well

best regards
Casper Boemann