Extracting paint operations from KisPainter

Cyrille Berger cyb at lepi.org
Mon Aug 30 00:29:35 CEST 2004

> Well, the internal separation is done. Now it's just a matter of doing to
> gui work :-). Oh, and perhaps add an advanced paint op or two. Although I
> must say that Cyrille's filter brush shows a lot of promise. I wish we had
> a way to reuse Digikam's kipi filter plugins: I recently saw they had added
> an oil-paintify filter, for instance.

I just had a look at it, I think it would be nearly impossible to share
plugins, and the oil-paintify rely on the function
KImageEffect::oilPaintConvolve which is part of... kdelib ;) But we would
have to adapt the function if we want smthg fast, converting to and from
qimage would cost a lot of cpu.

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---