Extracting paint operations from KisPainter

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Aug 28 21:13:42 CEST 2004

On Saturday 28 August 2004 19:14, Casper Boemann wrote:
> > Ultimately, my goal is to separate the ui for tools (freehand, line,
> > ellipse, etc.), 'brushes' (brush, pen, airbrush, eraser) and brush shapes
> > (the current Gimp brushes). Perhaps better names would be 'actions',
> > 'tools' and 'brushes'. It's done this way in Corel Painter, and it allows
> > easy extension with new paint op types.
>
> YES, just what I'm dreaming of.

Well, the internal separation is done. Now it's just a matter of doing to gui
work :-). Oh, and perhaps add an advanced paint op or two. Although I must
say that Cyrille's filter brush shows a lot of promise. I wish we had a way
to reuse Digikam's kipi filter plugins: I recently saw they had added an
oil-paintify filter, for instance.
--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi