How does krita render tiles to the screen?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at calcifer.valdyas.org
Sat Oct 11 00:38:26 CEST 2003

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Michael Thaler wrote:

> - kispainter does the actual drawing options.

Yes... I've added a polyline to this one yesterday; today I tried to make
that better, but didn't succeed much. See my earlier mail of today.

> I did not understand all the details, but in principle I think I
> understand how the above mentioned classes work.

That's my posish, too -- I understand enough to begin hacking, but not
enough to actually _know_ what I'm doing...

> I also have to look at kislayer and kisimage again and see what they are
> exactly doing. kisimage probably provides some methods to load/save an
> image and kisimage is build out of several kislayers.

Not exactly. It's KisDoc that knows about saving & loading; and the layers
are another thing again. And there are bugs, i think, in the layer
compositing, too.

> But I still don't know how the changed (dirty) tiles are rendered to
> the screen (e.g. a qwidget). Can you please tell me where I can find
> this code?

kis_doc & kis_strategy_colourspace_rgb

Have fun -- if you want my current patch -- still no cvs access -- mail
me, and I'll send you a diff.