How does krita render tiles to the screen?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Oct 12 13:51:44 CEST 2003

On Sunday 12 October 2003 10:00, Michael Thaler wrote:

> I guess I have to buy "More Effective C++" or some similar book pretty
> soon. I have a basic understanding of C, C++ and Java, but there are
> probably many more advanced and usual things which I don't know. (I'm
> not a professional coder).

Whatever you do, don't get Practical C++ by Oualine; it's very much a
beginners course in C with classes; although the second edition might be
better. I've got Accelerated C++ by Koenig, which is truly excellent, but not
a reference work. It also isn't all that relevant for Krita, I feel, since it
spends a lot of time teaching you how to do things in C++ for which Python is
better suited.

In any case, get Design Patterns by Gamma et. al. -- it's been on my desk for
about six years now.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/index2.html