Krayon Documentation

David Johnson david@usermode.org
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 00:04:31 -0800

I'm working on the Krayon handbook. Hopefully I can have a complete first
draft available in a month or two, pending the holidays. But a question for
the group, and primarily for the developers and contributors.

The sample template handbook (kapp) indicates that the GNU Free Documentation
License should be used for all KDE docs. And indeed, most applications
released with KDE2 use this license. But none of the KOffice applications do
that I can see.

Reading over the GFDL, is initially seems like overkill for an application
handbook, and better suited for references, larger manuals and for-profit
texts. But I will reserve my final opinion for later.

I'm leaning towards both the GFDL (for convention) and a BSD/MIT license or
short permission statement (for simplicity). Ultimately it will be up to me
to license my own creative works, but I would like to know more on what those
most interested in Krayon (this list) feel.

--
David Johnson