[kgraphviewer-devel] Preparing a release

Gaël (aka Kleag) kleag at free.fr
Fri Apr 23 11:11:14 CEST 2010

On Thursday 22 April 2010 14:46:34 Milian Wolff wrote:
> Gaël (aka Kleag), 22.04.2010:
> > Hello,
> >
> > As noted by some of you, one of the things to do for kgraphviewer is to
> > prepare a release.
> >
> > What do you think should be done before doing this release ? Is there
> > some missing or incomplete feature to implement before releasing ? Maybe
> > the final replacement of the external dot process by the graphviz
> > library ?
>
> I'd welcome that. And furthermore I'd like to get more feedback on my
> interface. We shouldn't provide ABI compatibility for the first release,
> but should come up with a working interface anyways...
Concerning, the interface, don't you think that most of the part slots should
be available through the interface, like addNewNode or removeNode ?
Otherwise what would be the right criterion to include a feature in the
interface or not ?

> > I have started to set up a suse build service to be able to produce
> > packages for several Linux distributions when the release will be ready.
>
> Cool. But imo there are packagers for many repos out there who'd help you
> here, at least we from kdevelop don't do any custom packaging...
Yes, you're right. And kgv is already packaged by several distros, but that
can allow to give a compatibility with current and previous distros versions.

> Simply announce on kde-packagers or how that ML was called.
I did not know this kde-packagers list... I'll try to remember. I don't
understand what you mean by "or how that ML was called." ?

Bye,

Gaë

--
KsirK - a world domination strategy game
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/Tactic_and_Strategy/KsirK

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer and editor based on a reusable
part
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer