[kgraphviewer-devel] Preparing a release

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Fri Apr 23 11:23:49 CEST 2010

Gaël (aka Kleag), 23.04.2010:
> On Thursday 22 April 2010 14:46:34 Milian Wolff wrote:
> > Gaël (aka Kleag), 22.04.2010:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > As noted by some of you, one of the things to do for kgraphviewer is to
> > > prepare a release.
> > >
> > > What do you think should be done before doing this release ? Is there
> > > some missing or incomplete feature to implement before releasing ?
> > > Maybe the final replacement of the external dot process by the
> > > graphviz library ?
> >
> > I'd welcome that. And furthermore I'd like to get more feedback on my
> > interface. We shouldn't provide ABI compatibility for the first release,
> > but should come up with a working interface anyways...
>
> Concerning, the interface, don't you think that most of the part slots
> should be available through the interface, like addNewNode or removeNode ?
> Otherwise what would be the right criterion to include a feature in the
> interface or not ?

Yes, good point. As long as the signals are pure virtual members (not signals)
in the interface, they can be easily overwritten by slots in the actual
implementation. That's also what's done in e.g. the KTextEditor interfaces.

Well, is it really kde-packagers at kde.org or was it something-else at kde.org :)
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de