[Kget] KGet Runner

Lukas Appelhans l.appelhans at gmx.de
Mon Sep 21 16:50:56 CEST 2009

Am Montag 21 September 2009 16:03:25 schrieb Tomas Van Verrewegen:
> > About the validation of a specific text, maybe just use
> > KUrl("bla").isValid()... :)
>
> The problem with a (much simpler) approach like this is that just about
> anything actually is a valid URL.
> Eg: This is a sentence , built from 11 valid url's ...
>       And so is this one: 1 + 2 = 3 !
lol, well then we could also try to use !KUrl("bla").protocol().isEmpty(),
that'd be more sensible I think... :)

> > Also I saw yesterday that you are using importLinks as dbus-call... maybe
> >  you should/want to change it to "showNewTransferDialog", as that is
> >  usually used to add new downloads...
>
> You're probably right.
> I used "importLinks" because this is the way I most often use KGet:
>   copy a whole bunch of links (or a whole web page) to the clipboard,
>   click "Import links..." in the tray icon,
>   then use the filters to choose which links to download.
>
> Maybe the "Import Links" and "New Download" dialogs should be merged
>  together somehow?
He nono, Import Links is for example to get all links from a specific html-
page, then we show all links in that dialog...

Switching to NewDownloadDialog makes sense anyway as it can handle multiple
urls as well... (the user gets some listwidget with checkboxes then...)

Lukas