D27523: Add an option to use a KUrlNavigator on the toolbar instead

Felix Ernst noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 26 14:18:02 GMT 2020

felixernst added a comment.

  @manueljlin: Thanks! I hope so too.

  @ngraham: Thanks! Heavy split view users are also the only user group that came to my mind who would have a real reason to be upset if this wasn't optional. Maybe second-hand experience is the best we have to think about this change because no vocal split view user showed up in these discussions yet. Workflow example: I once had a lecturer (literally this guy <http://www.ma-weigand.didaktik.mathematik.uni-wuerzburg.de/weigand/images/weigand_juni_05.jpg>) who used a split view file manager (Total Commander or something, don't remember) fullscreen and keyboard-only as his primary means to interact with his notebook. He opened up presentations, pictures and GeoGebra-files to show them in the lecture. I think for such a use case having only one path visible at a time would probably be a big step down.

  Other than that we would lose the feature of putting the toolbar vertically to the side (without it becoming very wide). Not a huge loss I think because the primary reason for doing this is probably vertical space concern which is also alleviated by this change.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin