D11483: [WIP] Make some properties searchable

Alexander Stippich noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 19 19:40:24 GMT 2018

astippich added a comment.

  I really like the idea, but what if at some point in the future the tags will be made editable/writable? I think this could then interfere from an ui point of view. Can this somehow be implemented to allow both?
  I plan to implement tag writing for KFileMetaData at some point to be able to edit tags in Elisa.

  A little bit off topic: Are string lists now handled correctly in baloo or not? Searching should then not work properly? Also, in KFileMetaData there is the "shouldbeIndexed" variable for each property, giving a hint if a tag should be indexed or just stored. It is always disabled for numeric values. But apparently searching for the release year works? I'm confused.

REPOSITORY
  R824 Baloo Widgets