D10990: Add "Open symlink destination folder" into symlink's context menu

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 6 21:50:44 GMT 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  Opening this Diff for the first time I was quite skeptical too, but as I actually needed this function recently and it is only added for links, I do think it could be quite useful to have.

  In D10990#220200 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10990#220200>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Also, I notice that the behavior is still different for files and folders: original files are highlighted in their parent directories, while original folders are opened. Little inconsistencies like this tend to drive OCD people mad. :)

  Are you sure? For me it is working, as Roman is already using `KIO::highlightInFileManager`. Also I like how this keeps both link and target in view, instead of just going to another location or hiding one item in a tab.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dolphinmainwindow.cpp:1218
> +    openSymlinkDestinationFolder->setText(i18nc("@action:inmenu", "Show Original"));
> +    openSymlinkDestinationFolder->setIcon(QIcon::fromTheme(QStringLiteral("folder-open")));
> +    connect(openSymlinkDestinationFolder, &QAction::triggered, [this]() {

In Gwenview and Spectacle we recently used `document-open-folder` for the same feature. That icon basically looks the same, but does not "colourize" on HiDPI (and still has non-symbolic line-width).

(Hmh, we should really make this a standard action…)

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin