D10990: Add "Open symlink destination folder" into symlink's context menu

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 6 22:08:36 GMT 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D10990#220271 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10990#220271>, @rkflx wrote:

  > Opening this Diff for the first time I was quite skeptical too, but as I actually needed this function recently and it is only added for links, I do think it could be quite useful to have.
  >
  > In D10990#220200 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10990#220200>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > Also, I notice that the behavior is still different for files and folders: original files are highlighted in their parent directories, while original folders are opened. Little inconsistencies like this tend to drive OCD people mad. :)
  >

  > Are you sure? For me it is working, as Roman is already using `KIO::highlightInFileManager`. Also I like how this keeps both link and target in view, instead of just going to another location or hiding one item in a tab.

  Ah, you're right. Perhaps I've exposed a bug in `KIO::highlightInFileManager()` or how it's being called, because for most directory symlinks, it works as expected, but not for this one that I have:

    $ ls -la ~/nate_shared
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 dev dev 15 Feb  1 21:10 /home/dev/nate_shared -> /media/sf_nate/

  Invoking Show Original on `~/nate_shared` opens a new window showing the contents of `/media/sf_nate` instead of opening `/media` and highlighting `sf_nate`.

  Bug in `KIO::highlightInFileManager()`, or a bug in the implementation here?

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin