D12571: Modernize Settings window

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 13 21:37:00 BST 2018

elvisangelaccio requested changes to this revision.
elvisangelaccio added a comment.

  In D12571#276764 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12571#276764>, @ngraham wrote:>

  > Don't they control how the view appears on startup?

  Only "Split view mode" does. The other ones control things that are outside the view. How about using "On startup:" and rewording the sentences on the checkboxes where necessary?

  Other comments on the UI before looking at the code:

  - In the Startup page, what does "Location" refer to? The groupbox made it clear it was the Home folder, now we are hiding this information.
  - In the View Modes page: "Expandable folders: [] Enable" => do we really have to? :(
  - The Confirmation tab now is better but still confusing. I don't see why we need to touch it at all honestly, given that there are only checkboxes in there.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin