D12571: Modernize Settings window

Andres Betts noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 4 04:29:29 BST 2018

abetts added a comment.

  In D12571#272639 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12571#272639>, @elvisangelaccio wrote:

  > Sorry but now there are even more visual regressions than the original revision had.
  >
  > This started as an attempt to drop groupboxes, but now I see a lot of unrelated and debatable changes (e.g. why touch the checboxes at all?).
  >  I suggest to go with small and incremental changes instead.

  This is a good question. I think what is being aimed at is a look and feel similar to this: https://phabricator.kde.org/M112

  This is a recent design direction we took when redesigning system settings. I think it would look awesome and very consistent to this new design to align Dolphin preferences to this idea. That way, we don't have 2 design ideas floating around. So it was great timing that this work came up. Would you be OK to continue on this design direction given the direction that System Settings is taking?

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin