D7647: Two clicks on file/folder to rename

Kåre Särs noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 26 07:28:13 BST 2017

sars added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7647#158667, @markg wrote:

  > I resign (for now), i need to retest this.
  >  Sars brought up a very valid point that i didn't even consider yet. You do introduce some hybrid between single- and double click flows while potentially breaking current flows.
  >
  > To be continued..

  Here is my solution for the single-click problem. (two different patches on with only the time restraint and the other with everything)

  F5450648: D7647-and-add-two-click-rename-timeout.diff <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5450648>
  F5450647: add-two-click-edit-timeout.diff <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5450647>

  This basically adds a QTimer that is started either when the selection changes or when the selected item is clicked. Then when the selected item is clicked we check if the timer is active. If it is active we start the waiting for the double-click-time and eventually editing. If the timer is not active we just start it. This means that it always requires two clicks to trigger the rename.
  **Note:** The timeout of the timer in this patch is 3*double-click-time, but should probably be a bit longer.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin