D7647: Two clicks on file/folder to rename

Andreas Krutzler noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 23 11:29:22 BST 2017

akrutzler added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7647#158673, @rkflx wrote:

  > I don't think it is "hybrid" in any way. The feature is very well defined, it says Double-click to open files and folders, and that's exactly what we are doing even on focus change. This only targets Dolphin's main view, all other buttons and the Places panel and so on are still single click and also already execute directly on focus change.

  Exactly, that's how i think about this too. Especially when it comes to the "Places pane":  there, it's **always** execution on single-click, no matter if "single" or "double click" to open stuff is activated. :)

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7647#158606, @sars wrote:

  > Ps. On Windows a focus change does prevent renaming, if the click on the item gives the focus to the window, which this patch does not.

  Yes, that differs from the Windows implementation, but this makes it IMO more consistent. ;)

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin