D7647: Two clicks on file/folder to rename

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Oct 15 14:07:36 BST 2017

rkflx added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> akrutzler wrote in dolphinview.cpp:198
> Ah you mean that the (now) 800ms interval should depend on the double click interval set in systemsettings?
> Now, even for the initial activation, the double click interval is ignored. That is obviously bad thanks. :)
> How do solve that? Adding a certain amount of ms to the double click interval and use this instead of 800ms?

You got what I meant . And I get what you meant regarding the initial activation (my observation was slightly misleading, so I will adapt my suggestion).

There are two cases:

- Item not activated, first click activates and second click (after DCI has implicitly passed) starts renaming: Set interval to 0. (This should also get rid of the annoying delay after the second click. In my testing, this did not impact the DCI of the initial click.)
- Item already activated: Now we have to wait for at least the DCI. (If less than DCI, "open" was meant.)

To distinguish between both cases, you'll probably need a second timer to wait some amount of time. Maybe something between 1 and 10 seconds (whatever "feels" right), but ideally calculated proportional to the DCI.

Note: I only thought about the double clicking case so far. You should probably also consider how this works together with selecting multiple items and the other cancellation reasons.

REPOSITORY
  R318 Dolphin