Dolphin and Baloo

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Tue Jan 28 16:11:14 GMT 2014

On Tuesday 28 January 2014 16:41:54 Frank Reininghaus wrote:

> thanks for the update (and thanks Emmanuel for your comments!).
>
> Looks good so far! I haven't looked at every single part of the patch
> in detail yet, and I see that you've made some more changes after I
> started looking at the code, but here are some things that I noticed:

Yeah. I was changing some APIs in Baloo and then I noticed stuff that I had
not ported.

> 1. KFileItemModel
>
> There is a "requiresNepomuk" left in "struct RoleInfoMap", and some
> comments still contain "Nepomuk".

Fixed :)

> 2. PlacesItemModel
>
> I see that slotNepomukStarted()/slotNepomukStopped() have been removed
> without a replacement. Is the idea that it is always possible to
> access Baloo to retrieve information, such that the "is Nepomuk/Baloo
> running at the moment" check is not necessary any more? Sorry if this
> is a stupid question - I'm not familiar with Baloo's internals ;-)

Baloo is mostly just a library to access stuff. It does not need to be running
for applications to use it - imagine sqlite.

It does have a separate process `baloo_file` which is responsible for updating
the index. But even if it crashes/whatever applications can still access all
the data.

> 3. src/settings/addionalinfodialog.cpp
>
> Related to the previous question: it seems that the variable "bool
> balooRunning" is redundant now? If that is the case, it's IMHO better
> to remove it now instead of renaming it and always setting it to true.
> (The same applies to DolphinView, DolphinViewActionHandler).

Fixed.

Let me know when you think it is good enough to merge.

--
Vishesh Handa