Dolphin and Baloo

Frank Reininghaus frank78ac at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 28 15:41:54 GMT 2014

Hi Vishesh,

2014-01-28 Vishesh Handa <me at vhanda.in>:
> On Monday 27 January 2014 18:16:09 Emmanuel Pescosta wrote:
>> /dolphin/src/kitemviews/private/kbaloorolesprovider.cpp:
>> line 76 - 79: Please add {} brackets
>
> Fixed
>
>> line 82: Maybe make use of string builder!?
>>

> Fixed
>
>> /dolphin/src/search/dolphinsearchinformation.cpp:
>> line 75: Rename it "strigiConfig" to "balooConfig" or "config"
>>

> Fixed
>
>> /dolphin/src/search/dolphinsearchbox.cpp:
>> line 437: brackets
>>

> Fixed
>
>> The rest looks pretty good ;)
>>
>> +1 from my side
>>

> Thanks!

thanks for the update (and thanks Emmanuel for your comments!).

Looks good so far! I haven't looked at every single part of the patch
in detail yet, and I see that you've made some more changes after I
started looking at the code, but here are some things that I noticed:

1. KFileItemModel

There is a "requiresNepomuk" left in "struct RoleInfoMap", and some
comments still contain "Nepomuk".

2. PlacesItemModel

I see that slotNepomukStarted()/slotNepomukStopped() have been removed
without a replacement. Is the idea that it is always possible to
access Baloo to retrieve information, such that the "is Nepomuk/Baloo
running at the moment" check is not necessary any more? Sorry if this
is a stupid question - I'm not familiar with Baloo's internals ;-)

3. src/settings/addionalinfodialog.cpp

Related to the previous question: it seems that the variable "bool
balooRunning" is redundant now? If that is the case, it's IMHO better
to remove it now instead of renaming it and always setting it to true.
(The same applies to DolphinView, DolphinViewActionHandler).

Cheers
Frank