Quo vadis, Dolphin? Start of the developers study.

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Fri Mar 15 22:07:31 GMT 2013

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 7:36 PM, Dr. Heiko Tietze
<heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com> wrote:
> Hi Myriam,
>
> with Favorits I had user editable Places in mind. And properties are shown at
> the panel labeled "Information".
> Don't worry too much because the real user study will follow up. In this first
> step we collect ideas for sidebars (or panels) and developer's assumtions
> about users. Both are compared to end user's opinion. And, of course, I will
> make those points more clear. So don't hezitate to criticize.

OK, but that was less than obvious, as you were asking for Panels.

I am just worried that if you are making a Usability study then it
should at least name the elements correctly as those present
themselves to the user. I know that Places is configurable, but
talking about a Panel called "Favorits" is just plain wrong, it is not
a panel, it is a possible configuration of Places, and AFAIK nobody
called it that way, and to the user this will be more than confusing
as you mention names that don't exist.

And in English it is Favorites, BTW :)

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org