Quo vadis, Dolphin? Start of the developers study.

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Fri Mar 15 17:08:56 GMT 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Dr. Heiko Tietze
<heiko.tietze at user-prompt.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> as discussed in this mailinglist and announced in our blog [1] we started the
> first part of the Dolphin investigation today. With this examination we would
> like to find out whether the envisioned improvements are valid. And we want to
> anonymously collect a pool of the different goals developers have for Dolphin.
>
> You can find the study at http://bit.ly/155HDcy (or without shortening at [2]).
> It shouldn't take more than a few minutes to answer our questions. As sson as
> the response quote degrades to zero we will stop the study and start analysis.
> I'm looking forward your comments!

Well, I am quite puzzled at the questions about the Panels, because
you list panels that don't exist, or ar certainly not named "Favorits"
or "Properties"

I guess with Properties you mean the Preview panel, but what on earth
is "Favorits" Was this wrongly translated to English maybe?

I am all for a usability study, but then it should reflect the real
Status Quo, not a supposed one.

I use Dolphin 2.2 in KDE 4.10.1 on Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Beta 1

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org