hide/change the lineedit widget when renaming inline in Dolphin

Frank Reininghaus frank78ac at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 6 15:47:13 BST 2012

Hi,

2012/9/5 Panos:
> Hi Frank,
>
> Although I wasn't clear indeed, your answer was exactly what I wanted, so
> thanks :-). So it's a textedit and indeed I was referring to the frame of the
> textedit. I only added
>
> setFrameShape(QFrame::NoFrame);

OK, thanks for the clarification!

> in the KItemListRoleEditor's constructor and IMHO it looks a little better
> without the frame (and probably harmless so far :-)).

I've tried it, and I'm inclined to think that it is slightly better
with the frame (for the reasons pointed out by Leo).

> For
> example, selecting an item, moving the cursor over another item, and hitting
> F2, activates inline renaming for the selected item but the focus seems to
> remain on the item where the cursor was placed.

Right, we could move the focus to the renamed item. But always keep in
mind that one can also rename multiple files simultaneously by
selecting them and then pressing F2 - this case should be tested as
well when you make any change.

Best regards,
Frank