bookmark search in sidebar

Rigo Wenning rigo at w3.org
Mon Mar 12 11:16:59 GMT 2012

Hi all,

don't know whether this is a bug or feature:

In the konqueror sidebar, one can open the bookmarks and search. This is very
handy as it acts like a filter to all bookmarks.

Unfortunately, all the folders remain folded. So the filter is correct, but in
order to be able to click on the bookmark, one has to unfold all the folders
and subfolders that contain a matching item.

I have many bookmarks and for some historic reason, my personal toolbar folder
is on the third level with sub-levels. So I have to click a lot to get to the
bookmark.

expected behavior: Show an unfolded list of bookmarks that match the filter.
Opera behaves this way with the same sidebar.

Bug-report or not? KDE 4.7.4 on OpenSuse 12.1

Rigo