Actions extensions in File Manager

Pierre Wieser pwieser at trychlos.org
Wed Feb 3 13:07:55 GMT 2010

----- david at davidedmundson.co.uk a écrit :

> Pierre,
>
> I'm the creator of the KDE equivalent of nautilus-actions
> (http://www.sharpley.org.uk/page/software/servicemenu) it's only
> hosted on my site/kde-apps, it's not part of 'actual KDE'.
>
> I simply happened to stumble upon this thread when I was searching
> for something else, so I apologise if you've answered these already.
> Are you planning a KDE version of nautilus-actions (it would need a
> rename> :-P) or just trying to get a consistent (and better)
> specifation between the two DEs? It might be us worth collaborating.
>
> Regards
>
> David Edmundson

Hi David,

Well I first aimed to have a consistent specification for actions
extensions, in order to be able to share actions between DEs.
As far as I know, it will be better because I believe it is the first
attempt to have such a shared spec ;)

I was not thinking at all to a KDE version of nautilus-actions, because
I believed KDE and Gnome were to far each other to have common apps
(probably a wrong idea ?)
But YES I'm willing to collaborate to have a common editor.
I just don't know how for the moment.
Maybe I will start by downloading your code and run your app.
Do you already have looked at mine (latest unstable is 2.29.4) ?

Regards
Pierre