Actions extensions in File Manager

david at davidedmundson.co.uk david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 12:07:16 GMT 2010

> ----- "Pierre Wieser" <pwieser at trychlos.org> a écrit :
>
>> I believe we have now covered almost if not all all aspects of such a
>> specification, don't we ?
>
> It appears there were some lacks anyway ;)
>
> I just made the following adds:
> - Add Type key for distinguishing Actions from Menus.
> - Specifies what to do with present, but not listed, profiles.
> - Specifies defaults for TryExec, ShowIfRegistered, ShowIfTrue,
> ShowIfRunning, MimeTypes, SelectionCount, Schemes, Capabilities keys.
>
> I've so updated the draft to a version 0.6.
> It is always available at http://www.nautilus-actions.org/?q=node/377.
>
> Your comments are always welcomed.
> Best regards
> Pierre

Pierre,

I'm the creator of the KDE equivalent of nautilus-actions
(http://www.sharpley.org.uk/page/software/servicemenu) it's only hosted on
my site/kde-apps, it's not part of 'actual KDE'.

I simply happened to stumble upon this thread when I was searching for
something else, so I apologise if you've answered these already. Are you
planning a KDE version of nautilus-actions (it would need a rename :-P) or
just trying to get a consistent (and better) specifation between the two
DEs? It might be us worth collaborating.

Regards

David Edmundson